Hii! So today is valentines day! Sending big loves to you all. I was going to do a whole lovey dovey post with it being valentines day but then i thought, whether you are with somebody or not it’s super important to love yourself. I have not started to fall in love with myself until recently, and to be honest for me it has been super hard, but here are some ways to treat and pamper yourself and to either keep loving you or to fall in love with yourself.
- Write down everything you love about yourself. Either look wise or personality wise and stick them all around your mirror so you can see them everyday.
- Or, rather than sticking them everywhere.. get a jar and stuff them in to read through on a ‘down’ day.
- Go and buy a new outfit that makes you feel amazing. It doesn’t even have to be something that you’d necessarily wear out (I have a pair of pj shorts that make my legs look ok) just something that you feel great wearing.
- Choose some nice smelling bubbles, light some candles, run a hot bath (or not so hot if you prefer) and just chill.
- Go out by yourself. Easier said than done if your anything like me.. but it could just be anything from a walk down the street to shopping to even going out for food.
- Grab some headphones, turn up the volume and just dance like a looney around the house.
- Read a book! Reading is such a great way to just get lost, and books have been my safe place for a very long while.
- Keep a diary. (Or two) just writing down all your thoughts can make you feel a whole lot better. You could write everything in one, or have a ‘happy’ diary and a ‘sad’ diary (I did this for a while and it really worked when I just wanted to read back about the happy times and thoughts).
- Get a blanket and some nibbles, curl up on the sofa (or bed if you prefer) and have a major Netflix binge.
- Do something creative. I am the opposite of creative but just making something or drawing (doodling badly in my case) can boost your mood and you may just have something to be excited about at the end of it.
- Colouring! I’ve loved colouring since before it was this huge craze, it’s so relaxing but also keeps you busy at the same time.
- Baking. Even if it’s a packet mix from Asda. If I’m frustrated I’ll bake… plus, you get to eat whatever it is after!
- Get some random flowers (either picked from wherever or different store bought ones) and make your own bouquets. I’ll pick up a couple of random bunches from Aldi and create my own cute bouquets.
- Face mask! Get any one you fancy, shov it on and relax.
- Start a course in something your really interested in. This will boost your self confidence and will give you a new skill too.
- Do a random act of kindness. This could be anything from giving to charity to sending a friend a hand written letter. Being kind for no reason is a boost for both you and the recipient.
- Stop comparing yourself to others. I’ve always done this with every aspect of my life and it’s a huge crushing weight on your shoulders. Appreciate what others have (be it physical features or a new bag someone’s bought) they’re either very lucky or have worked their butts off for it. And it will be more than likely that they are comparing themselves to others too.
- Get rid of the people who always drag you down. (Again, easier said than done) if your surrounded by people who always create drama or just aren’t that nice, just remove yourself. You’ll feel so much better and will probably have more confidence from it.
- Have a nap. Even if it’s just 10 minutes. You see everywhere that sleep helps with lots of things. Plus who needs an excuse to nap.
- Make a list of things you’re thankful for. I did this the other day, and I didn’t realise before how many things that I’m thankful for.
- Clean! I’m not a total neat freak, but everything seems better once I’ve cleaned or de-cluttered.
- Chocolate! Eating or drinking chocolate always makes me feel so much better about myself (she says whilst eating chocolate 🙄).
- Forgive yourself. (Still working on this one) more than often you’ll make a really tiny mistake but to you it will seem like the biggest disaster ever. Sometimes it’s actually good to make mistakes.. forgive yourself and learn from them.
- Visit somewhere new. This could be a new place all together or even just a shop that you’ve walked past before. Get out of your comfort zone and explore.
- Smile! Even if you don’t feel like it, look in the mirror and do the biggest smile you can!
I hope some of these tips help you out and I’m a firm believer that you should fall in love with yourself, because you’ll be there for you for the rest of your life.
If you have any tips to love yourself more please let me know 🙂